Saturday, September 3, 2011

Harvest Blessings


This is how I spent my Saturday night, canning the abundance of harvest we were given. The Huskers first game of the season and I am cutting, chopping, and canning away. This year we lost most of our garden to bugs and veggie disease. We have had no such lack of harvest thanks to all of the wonderful neighbors we have. My husband went to help pick up irrigation pipe for a neighbor and he sent home onions, cantaloupe, squash, and melons. Then the neighbor down the road brought over  a variety of peppers, onions, beans, cucumbers, cantaloupe, and watermelon. Yesterday we pull in and our neighbor across the street handed us some beans, onions, and bell peppers. I am so thankful for all the wonderful people who live around us. There is definitely something glorious about eating veggies fresh from a garden. I was sure we would miss out on that this year and to my surprise we have been blessed with way more than we could ever imagine. The best part is that our family will still be enjoying all this kindness in the winter months to come.  Days like these are what makes this city girl appreciate the simple things of country living.
Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment