Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Rainy days


Having some afternoon thunderstorms in my neck of the woods and I couldn't think of a better way to spend a rainy day than sewing for my girls. My little one has helped me to clean her room, had lunch, and now she is watching Barbie. I figure I have a few minutes to get some more sewing done today before I head off to dance classes. I traced out a few patterns last night and started cutting them out today. I hope I can start sewing tonight once the kids are in bed, but we will see. Tuesday nights are usually pretty late. My son and I watch Castle on Hulu when the girls go to bed, so it's late before everyone gets off to bed. I guess I'm not really in a hurry or anything. It's not like they can wear shorts anytime soon. I just got so excited after the first few pair I made. The picture above is for a romper and I really can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm hoping they turn out cute, but I won't know until the girls get to try them on.
I have a favorite junk shop in a town not to far from me and they sell the most awesome things, anything from farm junk to furniture to dishes and even vintage fabric and sewing goodies. I need to make a trip next week, so I can pick up some more fabric. I don't know what it is about vintage fabric, but I love it. I tend to buy the 70's and 80's stuff. I found a strawberry shortcake pattern there last year, but still haven't used it. It is a girls dress pattern with tons of ruffles. I may have to break that out and make Christyn a new church dress.


Here are some capris I made for Rachael and shorts I made for Christyn. I made some others, but these are my favorite so far. The capris were made with vintage fabric I found at the junk store (4yards for $1 you can't beat that) and I absolutely love the way they turned out. I ordered some shirts from Old Navy to mix and match with the bottoms I have been making. I am going to work on making some summer shirts in a few weeks. I guess it is just easier to work on all the bottoms first.
Gotta get back to work before the day slips away from me.
Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment