Monday, December 13, 2010

My Studio

I can't believe I am about to show you this side of me. This is my studio after 3 months of work and only one cleaning/organizing day. I think these pictures should be sent in to Hoarders anonymous.
Anyways, the reason I am posting these pictures is to motivate me to get through this mess and get things back to functioning. My toes will be so grateful when I am done. The real reason for the sudden urge to clean this mess is, how can anyone feel creative in this mess. I have trailed things all the way to the dinning table and my family is ready for me to put a stop to the crafting madness going on in the house right now.
I really have lost the creative mojo and don't even want to look at this room. I realize after this show I did last month that things are not set up in a productive manner, even my husband commented on this one. We both have some ideas to move things around and build some rolling storage that would better suit me when things are being worked on. I really liked his idea about putting things on casters, so I can wheel them out of the closet when using them and then just wheel things back in there when I am done. Last year I had a much bigger space 16ft X 13ft and I had to downsize to a 9ft X 11ft space. Much of my furniture pieces had to go and I miss my standing island where everything was at my reach.
I am excited to get things ship shaped again, so I can function in my happy space once more.


Really, It would take me a half hour just to get to the sewing machine if I needed it.
Surprisingly the closet really doesn't look that bad. Maybe that is, because everything is laying in the middle of the studio floor and not put away where it needs to be.
Ha Ha Ha, sorry I just had to laugh. This is so bad! Hope ya'all have a great week.
Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment