Wednesday, March 9, 2011

lamp revamp

This is the cute little lamp I picked up at Goodwill for 3$ and it just wasn't my style, so I had to do a little something to make it mine. I finished the shade last night and love all the ruffles. It took me a few hours, but it was well worth it. I still want to paint the base a grey/white color, but with all the snow and temperatures still pretty low, I think I'll wait on that one.


I know you are all curious about the painting peeking from the corner. My mom and I went to Denver about a month ago and my sister-in-law (Erika Jessop) gifted me this most awesome painting. I was in love with this piece the moment I saw it. I love the colors she is using and the painting on wood panel adds so much interest to this piece. I did get a little sneak peek at some other pieces and let me just say "WOW", I can't wait to see all her paintings finished.
If you would like more info on her, you can check her work out HERE.
By far the best part is, I get to enjoy this beauty everyday in my own home.



Thanks for stopping by
Rhonda





1 comment: